We’re looking for smart, creative, driven people to build great software with us. If you’re the best at what you do, we’d love to talk.
The dscout research platform is used by forward thinking companies like Google, Fitbit, and Airbnb to improve existing user experiences and help them invent new ones.
Built in Ruby/Rails + PostgreSQL, our API driven platform presents a dynamic front-end experience in React.js for researchers to build, conduct and analyze research, paired with an iOS and Android app for scouts to participate in research missions. We’re currently in the process of building our v4 API utilizing GraphQL in Elixir.
If building products with these technologies is exciting to you, send us a note.
Background + Function
In this role you’ll design, code, and help grow our platform. As a technical product leader, you’ll contribute both on the front-end and back-end, helping keep the backlog groomed + focused on the next right thing.
Experienced // at least 4-5 years of product development experience, creating & launching new technologies and products. Cloud-based, SaaS focused, and modern APIs + front-ends a plus.
- Heroku and AWS, deployments and DevOps, TDD and CI
- Embraces agile (sprints, planning + estimation sessions, user stories, retros), can define and drive priorities for engineering sprints and product releases
- Understanding when to optimize + refactor are second nature
Impactful // can see both the big picture as well as each task through to completion, consistently, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak to, as well as influence, engineers, designers, project managers, sales, support, and clients
- Combines the intensity and willingness to get things done with self-awareness + sense of others
- Hands-on and self-directed, entrepreneurial experience in a fast-paced environment, small business or startup a plus
Competitive, equitable salary
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Work with smart, motivated and supportive team members in a fun environment
Munch on snacks from our stocked kitchen and beverage bar
Wrap up each week at our in-office happy hour
Balance work and life with a generous vacation policy, office holidays and flexible working options