We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Lyft, Nike, and Salesforce use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join our Engineering team. You will be working across a blend of people/team management, system/process building, and individual contribution as a QA. You should be excited about this mix of responsibilities and the ability for your day to have a lot of variety. Your background includes a mix of manual and automated QA, and you have a history of championing QA best practices. You are especially excited about helping us build our automated testing ecosystem and supporting our existing QA team in developing their automated testing skillset. You have experience supporting both web and mobile ecosystems. Any exposure you have to infosec engineering is a major plus. If you are excited about a growing team and passionate about best-practice QA, we would love to talk with you!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Grow and develop a team of Quality Assurance Analysts
- Advocate for and embed QA best practices within the team and across our broader technical and product organization
- Think critically about responsibly scaling QA at dscout (this includes how we staff the QA team as well as the processes/systems that guide our QA practice)
- Develop strategy for regression testing
- Act as QA resource for one of our internal product teams
- Collaboration with offshore and outsourced resources, and the ability to navigate what should be kept in-house vs outsourced
- Breakdown technical lingo to interface with other internal teams (Sales, Success, Consulting) and help them achieve their goals
- Champion an agile software process where QA is an integral part of a successful software development process
- Guide dscout’s selection of tools and resources for the QA team (what will impact our work and why?)
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, related field, or similar work experience
- 6+ years experience in software quality assurance, software engineering, or similar field
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience with Trello and Github
- Plus: programming experience with native mobile apps, ReactJS, HTML, CSS, Ruby (especially RoR)
- Excellent communication and project management skills
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful River North workspace, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play.
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.