We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Lyft, REI, Sonos, and IDEO use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to grow our Business Intelligence team from one to two. You’ll work directly with our Director of Business Intelligence to support the internal dscout teams through ad-hoc analysis, dashboard creation, and improvement of the reporting infrastructure. You’ll serve as the Salesforce administrator for the company and the general go-to person for reporting best practices. This is a brand new role, which means you have the opportunity to really build this work from the ground up!
As a combination of data analyst and internal analytics consultant, you will have a chance to help inform strategic decisions by providing the data to inform them. You are an incredible communicator and a genuine, creative problem-solver. You are a numbers- focused individual with significant analytics experience, including experience with Salesforce. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Serve as the Salesforce administrator for an 85+ person company
- Work directly with internal dscout departments to understand their data needs and transform requirements into reporting and or data visualization
- Assist with the management of the marketing technology systems -- automation, attribution and other solutions used by the marketing team
- Ideate, build and maintain dashboards to visually communicate metrics catered to internal dscout departments
- Own and improve existing reporting processes (using Tableau, SQL, Salesforce, and Excel)
- Document and organize information related to data structures, relationships, definitions and processes
- Maintain data quality standards through data entry and cleaning
- Extensively document and maintain resources and guides for Salesforce and general reporting best practices
- Plan and conduct internal training sessions related to Salesforce and reporting best practices, and then hold teams accountable to those standards
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 1-2 years of experience in business analytics, data analysis or a similar field
- 1-2 years of experience using Salesforce Sales Cloud (Administration experience strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Experience with Hubspot preferred, and experience with or strong interest in learning marketing automation software (HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, etc.) required
- Proficiency with business intelligence visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, DOMO, etc (Tableau preferred)
- Ability to partner with other departments and leadership to identify project requirements and execute those projects
- Ability to multi-task and meet urgent deadlines
- Excited about the opportunity and challenge that live within the ambiguity of our work, and an ability to shift between priorities that come from different departments (aka, you are flexible and adaptable)
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Passion for expanding and embedding data-first mentality in company culture
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play. Read more about our new office space here!
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.